HCBS Settings Compliance Countdown: 168 days
Health Care and Family Services (HFS) Releases Draft Final Statewide Transition Plan For Public Comment
Today, HFS, the state Medicaid agency, released the Draft Final Statewide Transition Plan (STP), which lays out the activities the state has and will take to address HCBS compliance statewide, public education webinars and upcoming public feedback webinars. In addition, stakeholders can submit comments to HFS. A weblink for the Public Notice can be located at: https://www2.illinois.gov/hfs/SiteCollectionDocuments/09292022PublicNoticeFinalSTPDraft.pdf.
Complete the Provider Attestation TODAY! Don’t wait!
Provider Attestation Released: Please Complete by October 14, 2022
Thank you to the more than 50 percent of providers who have completed the attestation that they have implemented the HCBS settings rules related to residency agreements, lockable doors and the modification process through the new person centered planning process. We need 100 percent participation for all providers with provider controlled sites. Here is the attestation: https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=146088. It will take less than a minute to complete, just requiring the provider to input contact information and check three boxes. We need all providers with provider controlled sites to attest ONLY ONCE that you are complying at all sites. You can email DHS.HCBS@illinois.gov with questions.
Reminder: Office Hours Focused on Best Practices and Compliance Action Plans (CAPs)
As the DDD works to send validation letters and CAPs, the following office hours are being offered on specific components of the HCBS Settings Rule Compliance. Please bring your questions, concerns, and best practices to share. For ease, the office hours have been assigned a specific topic and area of compliance.
|Join from the meeting link (same for all meetings)|
Tuesday/Thursday 10:00-11:00 AM CT
- Sept 20 – Community access (1), Recording link: https://illinois.webex.com/illinois/ldr.php?RCID=4db46668017b059399ec6baf2d5aa951
- Sept 22 – Privacy, dignity and respect, freedom from coercion and restraint (3), Recording link: https://illinois.webex.com/illinois/ldr.php?RCID=2dce4b819ab0ff6a375ac4784f4d7214
- Sept 27 – Visitors (including discussion of 4c choices with whom to interact) (7), Recording link: https://illinois.webex.com/illinois/ldr.php?RCID=e0d6a3c2b5dab923b91fc5bfaed24871
- Sept 29 – Provider controlled issues surrounding home setting (privacy, locked doors, roommates, furnish & decorate) (10), Recording link: https://illinois.webex.com/illinois/ldr.php?RCID=5bb9c60995d567e3b37583145addfabb
- Oct 4 – Freedom to control schedule and activities (including discussion of 4a choices of daily activities) (4, 6)
- Oct 6 – Physical accessibility of sites (including discussion of 4b physical accessibility) (4, 8)
- Oct 11 – Choices of supports and who providers them (5)
- Oct 13 – Residential Agreements (9)
- Oct 18 – Modifications (11)
( ) – Indicates the specific HCBS Settings compliance area as reflected in the tool and the CAPs. Apologies that recordings do not always start at the beginning of the office hours!