ACMHAI LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY
ACMHAI is the statewide voice for behavioral health authorities, communities and people facing mental health, substance use and intellectual/developmental challenges.
- ACMHAI advocates on behalf of our members to improve access to, funding for, and quality of mental health, substance use and intellectual/developmental disability programs and services.
- ACMHAI members receive timely legislative information including examination of bills impacting Mental Health Authorities, access to state legislators and policymakers, legislative talking points, witness slip assistance, calls to action, state budget analysis and timely legislative reports.
- ACMHAI is an active partner with organizations having similar missions including the Illinois Association of Behavioral Health, Community Behavioral Healthcare Association of Illinois, the Illinois Public Health Association, The Kennedy Forum, and the National Association of County Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Disorders
December 30, 2022 / action-alert, Latest News
December 2022 Legislative Report by Government Strategy Associates
With the new year comes the implementation of over 180 new laws that go into effect January 1st. SAFE-T Act...Read More
November 10, 2022 / action-alert, Latest News
General Election Review
General Election Review Matt Maloney – Government Strategy Associates Not all of the election results are final but here is...Read More
November 2, 2022 / action-alert, Latest News
ACMHAI Legislative Report – October 2022
Welcome to the Home Stretch of Campaign Season The early days of November bring many familiar occurrences to Illinoisans. We...Read More
Filing a Witness Slip
A witness slip is an individual’s or organization/group’s position on a specific bill. It can be filed on behalf of yourself or the organization you are representing.
While you do not need to create an account on the Illinois General Assembly website (www.ILGA.gov) to file a witness slip, creating an account will allow you to manage and edit your witness slips as necessary.
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on how to register on the ILGA dashboard.
How to file a witness slip if you have a bill number
- Go to the Illinois General Assembly Dashboard at www.ilga.gov
- Type in the bill number in the search box located on the left side of the page and click “go”
- On the bill page, click the “witness slips” link at the top of the page under the bill number.
- On the Witness Slips page, click the hearing notice link above the list of bill “proponents.”
- Click “Create Witness Slips” button on the right side of the page.
- A new page will open with the hearing date, time and location.
- Search for the bill number for the legislation you wish to file a witness slip.
- On the right side of the page, click “Create Witness Slip” (pencil and pen icon) next to the bill number.
- Fill out the information on the witness slip.
- Click “Create Slip” when done.
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial for completing a witness slip.