The Illinois House of Representatives has laid out the heads of its committees for the coming legislative session.
House Speaker Emanuel “Chris” Welch, D-Hillside, said in a statement the committee chairs are “passionate and educated on the topics that will come before them, and they will provide strong guidance as they vet and advance legislative priorities that are most important to Illinoisans.”
Among the notable healthcare committee appointments include:
- Camille Lilly, D-Chicago, will chair the Appropriations-Health and Human Services Committee.
- Bob Morgan, D-Deerfield, will chair the Health Care Licenses Committee.
- Lakesia Collins, D-Chicago, will chair the Health Care Availability and Access Committee.
- Anna Moeller, D-Elgin, will chair the Human Services Committee.
- Thaddeus Jones, D-Calumet City, will chair the Insurance Committee.
- Lindsey LaPointe, D-Chicago, will chair the Mental Health Committee.
- Jawaharial Williams, D-Chicago, will chair the Prescription Drug Affordability Committee.
- Rep. Anne Stava-Murray, D-Naperville, will chair the Public Health Committee.