The DDD is pleased to announce that earlier this afternoon the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) posted the Waiver Amendment for the Adults with Developmental Disabilities Waiver. The Waiver Amendment makes several updates including the implementation of the next set of priorities from the Guidehouse Rate Study with a January 1, 2023 effective date, pending federal CMS approval. The updates include:
- Increases DSP, QIDP, Supervisor, Job Coach and RN wages in CILA and CDS rates;
- Implements 15% regionality for CILA rates in Chicago, suburban Cook and the collar counties;
- Implements the CILA rate calculator:
- Adds the Health Risk Screening Tool with the ICAP in determining an individual’s staffing hours in 24-hour shift staff CILA settings;
- Implements the Guidehouse staff ratios in 24-hour shift staff CILA settings;
- Increases Host Family CILA stipends;
- Adjusts base nursing and medication administration hours based on an individual’s needs;
- Changes all nurse hours to be funded using the RN Wage Rate; and
- Updates the rates/percentages for transportation, employee-related expenses (ERE), program and administration.
- Revises the Restraint and Restrictive Intervention sections.
The HFS Public Notices can be viewed here. The Public Notice for this Waiver Amendment can be viewed here. And, linked within the Public Notice is the proposed Waiver Amendment which can also be viewed here or at the HFS offices in Springfield or Chicago.
The posting of the Waiver Amendment begins the 30-day public comment period. Interested parties can submit comments via email or mail as follows:
Mail: Healthcare and Family Services
ATTN: Waiver Operations Management
201 South Grand Avenue East, 2FL
Springfield, IL 62763
Interim Director – Division of Developmental Disabilities
Illinois Department of Human Services
O: (217) 524-2512
The information contained herein should not be considered a substitute for the appropriate official statutes, rules, regulations, or the advice of legal counsel.
To request to be added to our email database, or to update your contact and service information, please complete our Contact Survey.
Information provided will help us to better tailor communications to you in the future.