- Last week, the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) posted the Adults with Developmental Disabilities Waiver Amendment for public comment. Interested parties can submit comments via email or mail; directions for submission are located in the Public Notice. HFS Public Notices can be viewed here. The Public Notice for this Waiver Amendment can be viewed here.
- The DDD is aware that there are issues with the PCP forms sent out earlier this week. Updates/fixes are currently being worked on. The corrected forms will be sent out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. And, be sure to join the upcoming office hours if you have questions.
HAPPY DSP RECOGNITION WEEK!
This week is DSP Recognition Week. Thank you to all direct support professionals who do the hard work every day to serve and support individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities across the I/DD system in Illinois. We here at the Division appreciate each and every one of you. The Governor also appreciates you and issued the attached proclamation in recognition of your work and this week.
HEALTH RISK SCREENING TOOL (HRST) UPDATE
As of January 1, 2023, pending federal CMS approval, the DDD will begin using the individual’s electronic health care information from the HRST as an additional input factor in calculating a person’s staffing levels in CILA. This is being implemented as part of the recommendations from the Guidehouse Rate Study. To accomplish this, the DDD is planning to have a data merge with the web-based application and update all Health Care Levels (HCLs) to reflect what is in the web-based application. The HCL scores from HRST will affect the individual’s CILA reimbursement rate both positively and negatively. If the individual currently does not have an HCL score, the rate for 24-hour CILA will decrease.
Please work to ensure that the HCLs are accurate and up to date in the web-based HRST for all CILA residents. Please do NOT submit updated nursing packets or HCL scores via the ISC and Birdseye systems unless the individual has a change in their medical needs. If you need assistance with HRST please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATES ON DDD WEBINARS – NEW RATE SHEETS WEBINAR ANNOUNCEMENT!
In the last DDD Communication, the DDD announced 3 upcoming webinars. There were some issues with the links provided so please see below for updated links to each webinar.
Additionally, the DDD is pleased to announce one new webinar – Rate Sheets Webinar. During this webinar, DDD staff will go through the CILA Rate Sheet and provide information and background on its various components. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, October 19, 2022, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Registration for this webinar is linked below.
- September 28, 9-10 am: Rule 116 Policies and Procedures Office Hours – Please bring questions about Rule 116 policies
- September 28, 1-3pm: Supporting People with an Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Diagnoses
- October 19, 2022, 1-3pm: CILA Rate Sheet Overview
- October 24, 2022, 1-2:30pm: Health Risk Screening Tool – How to Run Reports to Maintain Compliance
- Registration link to be released in the future
- October 26, 1-3pm: Approaches to Increasing Independence within Transportation for People with Intellectual Disabilities
- November 9, 1-3pm: Improving Direct Support Professional Retention within Home and Community-Based Services
TRANSPORTATION BEST PRACTICES REPORT RELEASED
The DDD commissioned the Institute on Disability and Human Development at the University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) to identify transportation challenges and best practices in transportation access from across the country. The report can be viewed here. UIC’s work provides information on local projects as well as other states’ efforts. As provided above, the DDD is holding a webinar October 26, 2022, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. during which Dr. Caitlin Crabb will share UIC’s findings and local best practices. The webinar registration link is here.
Interim Director – Division of Developmental Disabilities
Illinois Department of Human Services
O: (217) 524-2512
The information contained herein should not be considered a substitute for the appropriate official statutes, rules, regulations, or the advice of legal counsel.
To request to be added to our email database, or to update your contact and service information, please complete our Contact Survey.
Information provided will help us to better tailor communications to you in the future.
State of Illinois – CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication is confidential, may