|The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is pleased to announce the release of the agency’s 2023-2026 Strategic Plan which emphasizes a more person-centered approach and introduces a new mission and vision, key priorities and guiding principles. The key priorities are:
- Preventing Substance Use and Overdose
- Enhancing Access to Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Services
- Promoting Resilience and Emotional Health for Children, Youth and Families
- Integrating Behavioral and Physical Health Care
- Strengthening the Behavioral Health Workforce
The Strategic Plan includes strategic goals and affiliated objectives associated with each key priority. It also integrates four guiding principles (equity, trauma-informed approaches, recovery, and a commitment to data and evidence) across all policies and programs to support SAMHSA in achieving its mission and vision.
This plan not only represents SAMHSA’s thinking as an agency, but also reflects the insightful feedback we have received from our many stakeholders. We hope it informs and guides your planning as you work to develop and implement programs and policies that ensure people living with, affected by, or at risk for mental health and substance use conditions receive care, achieve wellbeing, and thrive.