Agencies across the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a joint letter to states, tribes, and jurisdictions encouraging them to prioritize and maximize their efforts to strengthen children’s mental health and well-being.
The letter signed by leaders of HRSA, SAMHSA, CMS, CDC, ACF, and ACL also outlines HHS’ plans to support and facilitate state-level coordination across federal funding streams to advance and expand mental health services for children as well as background on their respective activities.
The funding streams they identified are:
- Title V Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant (HRSA)
- Community Mental Health Services Block Grant (SAMHSA)
- Medicaid/CHIP (CMS)
- Title IV-E Prevention Program for children and families involved in child welfare system (ACF)
- evidence-based primary prevention programs (CDC)
- programs for people with disabilities (ACL)