Amendment 3 to HB 475 is posted for the Senate Local Government Committee today at 5pm. We are asking members to please complete a witness slip in support of SA 3 to HB 475 before today’s deadline.
The language in SA3 benefits 708 Boards. It includes language defining authority for establishing the budget. This does especially benefit some of the newer Boards that have had difficulty establishing adequate levies/budgets. The amendment also cleans up some of the problematic language around Board member appointments. This amendment also includes language to amend the Counties Code which will allow Sangamon county to create a rescue squad using their own funds. This language has no bearing on the operation or budgets of community mental health boards.
Please file a witness slip TODAY in support of SA 3 to HB 475!
Instructions for completing the witness slip as a “PROPONENT”:
CLICK HERE to access the online witness slip for SA 3.
- Section I. Identification, fill out your organizational or personal information.
- Section II. Representation, write your organization name if you are filling it out on behalf of your organization or write self if you are filling it out on behalf of yourself.
- Section III. Position, mark “Proponent.”
- Section IV. Testimony, check the box for “Record of Appearance Only.”
- Check the box in the bottom left corner to agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement.
- Then go to the bottom right-hand corner and click on “Create Slip.”
For a tutorial on how to file a witness slip, click here.
**While you do not need to create an account on the Illinois General Assembly website (www.ILGA.gov) to file a witness slip, creating an account will allow you to manage and edit your witness slips as necessary. Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on how to register on the ILGA dashboard.**
Please share this message with your networks. If you have any questions or need additional information, please let us know.
Thank you for your support and action!