May 12, 2023
Today is the last day of National Nurses Week! The Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) wanted to take a moment to thank all nurses working on our team as well as those working across the intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) system. We are appreciative of each and every one of you today and every day for the hugely important work that you do to keep people with I/DD healthy.
- Yesterday, May 11, 2023, was the official end of the federal Public Health Emergency (PHE). The Division will be reviewing the Appendix K flexibilities we currently have in place and developing a plan to roll them back. We must have all Appendix K flexibilities removed within 6 months of the end of the PHE (November 11, 2023) or make them permanent through a Waiver Amendment.
- Electronic Visit Verification (EVV):
- DDD has developed an EVV webpage for the DDD EVV program. The webpage includes links to the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) and Federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) EVV pages as well as the Kickoff Meeting and Listening Session recordings. We will be adding additional information to this website, as it is developed and published. You can find the website here: IDHS: Illinois’ Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) (state.il.us).
- Earlier this week, HFS announced an update regarding EVV for live-in caregivers. Personal Support Workers (PSWs) who meet the definition of live-in caregiver will be exempt from complying with EVV requirements. DDD will be posting policy on the live-in caregiver exemption soon. The HFS Provider Notice of this change can be found here: Provider Notice issued 05/10/2023 (illinois.gov).
- DDD will be sending a communication out next week with more information on EVV, including upcoming training sessions. Be on the lookout for that email.
- Please send any questions you may have about EVV to DHS.DDDEVV@illinois.gov.
ISC REGION H GRANT UPDATE
In March, DDD was made aware of Champaign County Regional Planning Commission’s (CCRPC) intention to not renew their ISC grant agreement, covering Region H, for Fiscal Year 2024. Since that time, DDD has been working with CCPRC to plan for the transition and has recently communicated with Region H families regarding the change. Beginning in FY24, Region H will be absorbed by the three neighboring ISC agencies: CISA, Prairieland, and Service, Inc. DDD will communicate more information on the transition in the coming weeks.
CILA RATE SUMMARIES UPDATE
DDD is in the process of preparing Community Integrated Living Arrangement (CILA) Rate Summaries and plans to get them distributed to all CILA provider agencies by the end of May. As a reminder, the current rates that will be reflected in the summaries are temporary rates while DDD extends the use of the former CILA Staffing Tables and Methodologies (specifically the DSP Hours).
DDD DSP TRAINING – HELP NEEDED!
DDD, in partnership with the University of Illinois Chicago’s Institute on Disability and Human Development, are looking for self-advocates, Direct Support Professionals (DSPs), and other professionals to contribute to the new Illinois DSP curriculum. There are opportunities for reviewing written materials as well as creating video content for online curriculum modules. More information on the opportunities is available at tinyurl.com/DSPHelpWanted, and a form for communicating your interest in the different opportunities is available at tinyurl.com/DSPContribute.
PERSONAL NEEDS ALLOWANCE FOR DDD RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS
DDD is sending notice to provide an alert and raise awareness of a DDD Communication released on February 14, 2023, which provided information regarding the Representative Payee Program. The language in the communication indicated that all DDD residential service program (CILA, CLF, ICF/DD, CGH, CCI) customers were authorized a minimum personal needs allowance (PNA) of $60.00/month. While Public Act 100-0023 clearly defines this amount for CILAs and Intermediate Care Facilities (ICFs/DD), DDD is actively working to clarify whether this minimum should also pertain to Community Living Facilities (CLFs), Children’s Group Homes (CGHs), and Child Care Institutions (CCIs). The current PNA amount, calculated in the Third-Party Liability for CLF, CGH, and CCI provider rates, is $30.00/month. DDD expects to release a notice regarding the application of the increased PNA levels to these remaining settings once confirmation has been received, but for now, customers who are authorized to receive PNA in a CLF, CGH, or CCI should receive $30.00/month.
UPCOMING DDD WEBINARS
May 18, 2023, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
This training will cover the Intermittent CILA (ICILA) program, common programmatic concerns, how Assistive Technology can be utilized, and a billing overview.
HCBS Settings Rule 101
May 24 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
This training will cover the basics of the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Settings Rule components that are now required for all HCBS waiver funded services and supports. Responsibilities of providers and ISCs will also be covered broadly.
RESPITE CAREGIVER SURVEY – WE NEED YOUR VOICE!
As part of the Administration on Community Living’s Lifespan Respite Grant funding, DDD and the Illinois Respite Coalition are excited to announce the creation of this statewide survey to continue to understand and strengthen respite options that meet caregivers’ expressed needs. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out this survey, and we encourage you to please forward it to anyone who is a caregiver. The survey is for all kinds of caregivers.
Responses to this survey are essential data and will be an invaluable tool to understand how the needs of caregivers can be more closely met.
If you have any questions, please contact the IRC at email@example.com.
The information contained herein should not be considered a substitute for the appropriate official statutes, rules, regulations, or the advice of legal counsel.
To request to be added to our email database, or to update your contact and service information, please complete our Contact Survey.
Information provided will help us to better tailor communications to you in the future.
State of Illinois – CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be attorney-client privileged or attorney work product, may constitute inside information or internal deliberative staff communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy this communication and all copies thereof, including all attachments. Receipt by an unintended recipient does not waive attorney-client privilege, attorney work product privilege, or any other exemption from disclosure.