FILE WITNESS SLIPS IN SUPPORT OF HB 4228
House Bill 4228 – Mental Health Authorities Validation will be heard in committee this Thursday, February 17th. We are asking members to file a slip for both the House Revenue and Finance Committee and the Property Tax Subcommittee as it appears on the hearing schedule for both committees.
File a witness slip for the House Revenue and Finance Committee – Feb 17 at 8:00 am
File a witness slip for the Property Tax Subcommittee – Feb 17 at 8:02 am
For those interested, you may also view the live video at the time of the hearing by clicking on Virtual Room 2 at https://www.ilga.gov/houseaudvid.asp
Synopsis of Bills:
House Bill 4228 amends the Community Care for Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, the Counties Code, the Property Tax Code, and the Community Mental Health Act to validate existing levies for certain community mental health boards and brings the Acts in compliance with Property Tax Extension Law Limit (PTELL).
Sample Instructions for completing the witness slip as a “PROPONENT” for HB 4228
- CLICK HERE to access the online witness slip for Revenue and Finance Committee | CLICK HERE to access the online witness slip for Property Tax Subcommittee
- Section I. Identification, fill out your organizational or personal information.
- Section II. Representation, write your organization name if you are filling it out on behalf of your organization or write self if you are filling it out on behalf of yourself.
- Section III. Position, mark “Proponent.”
- Section IV. Testimony, check the box for “Record of Appearance Only.”
- Check the box in the bottom left corner to agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement.
- Then go to the bottom right hand corner and click on “Create Slip.”
Thank you for your support and action!