Legislative Action Alert
FILE A WITNESS SLIP IN SUPPORT OF HB 4228 and SB 3215
House Bill 4228 – Mental Health Authorities Validation and companion legislation Senate Bill 3215, will be heard in committees this week. SB 3215 will be heard in the Senate Revenue Committee on Wednesday, February 2nd at 4:00 pm. HB 4228 will be heard in the Property Tax Subcommittee of the House Revenue and Finance Committee on Thursday, February 3 at 9:00 am.*
If you haven’t already, we ask that you please file witness slips as a proponent of each of these bills.
Synopsis of Bills:
House Bill 4228 and companion bill Senate Bill 3215 amends the Community Care for Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, the Counties Code, the Property Tax Code, and the Community Mental Health Act to validate existing levies for certain community mental health boards and brings the Acts in compliance with Property Tax Extension Law Limit (PTELL).
*Please note, the committee hearing process is not always predictable. Hearings can be cancelled, not all bills on the schedule are called and the projected winter storm could also play a role this week. There is a good possibility committee hearings for our bills will be rescheduled. However, we will always be prepared, and the submission of witness slips is an important sign of support. Just be forewarned we may be asking you to repeat the process next week as well. Thank you for your understanding. As always, contact Dana, Jason or Jodi with any questions.
Sample Instructions for completing the witness slip as a “PROPONENT” for HB 4228 and SB 3215:
- CLICK HERE to access the online witness slip for HB 4228. | CLICK HERE to access the online witness slip for SB 3215.
- Section I. Identification, fill out your organizational or personal information.
- Section II. Representation, write your organization name if you are filling it out on behalf of your organization or write self if you are filling it out on behalf of yourself.
- Section III. Position, mark “Proponent.”
- Section IV. Testimony, check the box for “Record of Appearance Only.”
- Check the box in the bottom left corner to agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement.
- Then go to the bottom right hand corner and click on “Create Slip.”
Below is a sample of a completed witness slip:
If you have not already registered on the ilga.gov site to file a witness slip, click here to register. Registration is not mandatory, but will populate your personal information on the witness slip. Please see ACMHAI’s step-by-step tutorial on registering on the ilga.gov dashboard.
Thank you for your support and action!